What are you listening to?

Week of super obvious picks. Still even god-level ears like mine get lazy. Here are some shlaps.

Chief Keef - “Citgo”

I want you to know that a huge number of modern rappers wouldn’t exist without this song. The amount of recent cadences, ad-libs, and flows that you can pinpoint to this era of Keef is pretty mind-boggling. It also seems like this beat made Pi’erre wanna come out here.

Kevin Gates - “4 Legs and a Biscuit”

Gates is Gates. As usual he raps like he has a ton of bricks on his chest and he’s suspended over a bottomless pit full of sharks.

WizKid f/Future - “Everytime”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwoPX3ytJ-4
Just want you herbs and herbettes to know that if WizKid becomes the NEXT BIG THING in America I was part of the wave before it was known. Clearly Drake has been cheating off this guy’s tests for a while now right? But this is so good even a great Future performance feels superfluous.

OTHER STUFF:
Muppets, Chief Keef clones, basic Mustard-isms, Crips, and REAL LYRICISTS.

Fetty Wap f/Monty - “Jugg”
Nipsey Hussle f/G Perico - “Basic Instinct”
Lil Yachty - “Ma$e in '97”
Big K.R.I.T. - “Mount Olympus”
Yo Gotti f/Jeezy & YG - “Act Right”
Vince Staples - “Big Time”
Kendrick Lamar & ScHoolboy Q - “6 Foot 7 Foot”

#Chance the Rapper f/Daniel Caesar - “Untitled”

Chance is back and he’s out here making me all misty-eyed for some reason. I know I like a lot of 150MPH reckless shlaps but sometimes you need to sit in a corner somewhere and really think. I’m officially really excited for whatever he does next again, he’s retained all of his self-awareness and skill after all. Chance the Writer.

#Que Almighty, WNC Carlos, & JMM Larry - “Put That On Gang”

As usual the WNC crew is coming with some of the best rap released this year. This sound is theirs and it’s hard as fuck. Love these guys so much, hopefully a full-length from them materializes and they don’t endanger their promising talent. “Cross Me” is still the go-to from this crew but this is almost as good as far as I’m concerned.

#Young Nudy - “Judge Scott Convicted”

NUDY TOP 5 NUDY HOTTEST OUT OF ATLANTA I CAN’T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT LIFE WAS LIKE BEFORE NUDY NUDY TOP 5 NUDY RUN THE GAME THIS IS WHAT OBJECTIVE CRITICISM LOOKS LIKE

#THE REST:
Kevin Gates has a permanent spot on these lists for the time being you’re just gonna have to deal with it. “Mexico” is one of his creepiest (for lack of a better word) songs, with most of a verse devoted to Kevin Gates rapping as the Devil. Lil Uzi Vert, eat your heart out. We also got current underdogs Smino and Nipsey Hussle, and a choice cut from the very obscure To Pimp A Butterfly album. Other than that it’s all older Southern rap. Y’all know what it is by now.

Hot Boys f/Big Tymers - “Neighborhood Superstar”
Witchdoctor - “Best Year”
Kendrick Lamar - “You Ain’t Gotta Lie (Momma Said)”
Chamillionaire f/Slick Rick - “Hip-Hop Police”
Kevin Gates - “Mexico”
Smino - “Ballet”
Nipsey Hussle - “County Jail”

new belly is also :fire:

thug kids

I LIKE J.PUMP’S NEW SONG “ONLY FOR YOU” AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING ON REVERBNATION AT http://www.reverbnation.com/jpumpmusic ANYONE EVER BEEN THROUGH THE HEARTBREAK FOR DOING THE RIGHT THINGS AND STILL GETTING TREATED LIKE ISH CHECK IT OUT Y’ALL

what

okay having a 5 year old doing gun signs in your video is a lil trashy

thug kids

if u dont fw this u gay

new shit :triumph:

G Herbo - “I’m Rollin’”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FgBF5ntPfA
The slap to end all slaps? I think I’m entering a drill phase right now this is way too hard. I think I’m pretty late to the party with this guy but learn from my mistakes and don’t sleep any longer.

Kodak Black - “Black Cat”

This pretty much sums it up:

Meek Mill - “Rosé Red”

Cornrows Meek > any other incarnation of Meek. Please play this while you are driving recklessly dropping your kids off to school or something.

THE REST:
Upon revisiting “U Guessed It” a couple years removed from its viral Vine status I have to say I still really love it. Also on here we have Dreezy one of the best female rappers alive. Tay-K’s tape was really good and although I don’t condone his actions I would rather have multiple Santanaworlds than multiple Saturations shoutout to r/hhh. The rest is guys you’d expect me to have on here because I’m me and this is what I like. Please enjoy the music.

Dreezy - “Chiraq”
Young Thug f/Trouble - “Thief In the Night”
Lor Choc - “Fast Life”
OG Maco - “U Guessed It”
Nef the Pharaoh f/Philthy Rich - “#SayDaat”
Tay-K - “Megaman”
TeeCee4800, Reem Riches, & RJ - “N***a Get Off”