Post ur goddam favourite albums of the year

throw em up

i feel confident enough in my list rn its late november and shits wrapping up, but yk thingsll change as always

quick write up on my “”""“top 5”’""" for old times sake

• JPEGMAFIA - All My Heroes are Cornballs
    Much more deliberate and purposeful. More of a refined album experience overall than Veteran although that has its own merits in its provocative sound design. Ik its not cool to like jpeg cause hes corny but honestly its the most satisfying thing ive heard all year

• 3776 - Saijiki
    Man this is so kooky and fun. makes me feel like im playing around in the worlds biggest treehouse. i dont really know much about the concept thats supposedly behind it nor do i know any of the lyrics but its melodies and production quirks won me over big time. really precious, amateurish singing is surrounded by constantly evolving melodies that range from grand swells of sour synths to twee acoustics, over drums that match the off kilter and confusing rhythms. bass tones often range from acid house to analog indie rock

• Young Nudy / Pierre Bourne - Sli’merre
    The main propeller of this album has to be its chemistry. Nudy is formidable on his own and consistently inventive with his off the cuff rapping but he fits even better with the larger than life melodic detours Pierre has him float on. If Sunflower Seeds doesnt convince you they arent this generations greatest minds idk what will

• Anderson Paak - Ventura
    Its Anderson Paak lol

• Mavi - Let the Sun Talk
    I gave Mavi a hard time like the rest of us because of his proximity stylistically to Earl. Let the Sun Talk proves to me that can be true but also not matter at all. Haven’t heard a rap release this year connect the dots and round the whole thing off like he has. Its comprehensive, detailed, and really makes strong statements on intersectional social issues.The production is hazy and full of belabored yet simplistic loops that just feel like an autumn-time existential crisis

Honorable Mention
Charli XCX - Charli
Young Nudy & Pi’erre Bourne - Sli’merre
Shy Glizzy - Covered N Blood
Ayankoko - Kia Sao ກ້ຽວສາວ
DaBaby - Baby On Baby
Earl Sweatshirt - Feet of Clay EP
Octo Octa - Resonant Body
Nay - Fox’s Wedding
Tree - WE grown NOW.
Fennesz - Agora
Four Tet - Anna Painting EP