Hip hop CMV/unpopular opinion thread

HOLY SHIT I NEED A CONFUSED REACT JEESuS

In that case, DWTW is better than Control System.

Free 6LACK is a better project than anything the Weeknd has done.

edit: Also better than anything done by any member of OVO.

I’d like to know who told Kevin Gates he could “rap”, if that’s what you wanna call that noise he make.

man this opinion is just shit taste not even a hot take sorry to tell u that :frowning:

• Big Fish Theory was better than Summertime 06.

• 50 Cent is really overrated

• Migos are taking a hard nosedive in quality post Culture and are flooding the market with their features. None of the Migos could hold up a solo project.

• Travis has been also taking a nosedive, but that’s not an unpopular opinion. But what is though, is that he’s been taking a hard nosedive since Rodeo. Birds was b-sides and his new singles are b-sides to b-sides. His features have taken the Migos route and increased in frequency and dropped off in quality.

• The Game’s verse on Malibu wasn’t that great/kinda sucked. It would be MUCH better if Common or something was on instead. Game can’t rap about simpin stuff for shit. Also Talib Kweli repeating his verse on the last track is mildly annoying. (Other than that Malibu is seriously incredible )

Birds was b-sides and his new singles are b-sides to b-sides

Fantano is that you?

common would take room in here from a 9/10 to a 0/10 pleas delete your post

• nav is fire that shit hella bangs

• OVO > TDE

• Goblin is the best Tyler album

• Lil Uzi Vert is the greatest rapper of the last past 3 years

• BROCKHAMPTON is kinda bad tbhhhhhhh

• PARTYNEXTDOOR 2 > PARTYNEXTDOOR 1 = PARTYNEXTDOOR 3

I have a fuck ton of hot takes

Yeezus is the best Kanye album, TCD is overrated (still decent, but it’s like the Pablo Honey of his discography to me)

DAMN. is better than TPAB and maybe GKMC, still don’t know which I prefer

Ultramagnetic MC’s Critical Beatdown and Dälek’s Abscene are the only hip hop album to come from the East coast that I consider essential to my taste at least. plenty of good albums, but the region is overrated as a whole. West coast is also overrated. The South is the best, and it’s not even close

Young Thug, Kanye, and Kendrick are the only rappers from this generation that will be talked about 30 years from now for music fans

Teenage Emotions was a fantastic album, mumble rap in general is also really good

Lil Pump, Famous Dex, and Playboi Carti are a lot more talented than people give them credit for

Boom Bap needs to die

TDE except for Kendrick sucks. ScHoolboy Q has some highlights here and there but doesnt live up to his hype

Alternative R&B/Contempary R&B is by far the WORST genre I’ve ever listened to. the only genre I can say I definitely don’t like. it’s extremly boring and lacks character and anything sonically interesting in general. FKA Twigs and James Blake only have one good album, Frank Ocean is overrated, not as great as people hype him up to be. oh and I liked Malibu as well. but beside those, the genre is pure trash

Earl Sweatshirt sucks
Acid Rap sucks
The Weeknd sucks
Lil B is unironically great
Eminem is the most overrated artist in the genre’s history
Run the Jewels is overrated

I have more but those are at the top of my head

reading this thread makes you realize that hip hop was a mistake

whos mans is this smfh

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

issa was better than 4:44

ski mask is top 5 most skilled rappers rn

knxwledge should be in the same conversations as dj premier and rza

the internet is trash because syd is in it

once luv is rage 2 drops and becomes an instant classic lil uzi will be in goat contention

florida niggas made the 3 6 sound 500000x better

Agree on Issa ,internet and florida heavy

the blatant disrespect to 3 6 smh rip Lord Infamous

If Chanel was on Blonde it’d be the best song by a giant margin, like not even close and its mainly because that song is so good.

Channel Orange > Endless > NosUlt. > Blonde

Steve Lacy had a better project this year than any OvO album that’s been produced from the label

Jay Z > Nas

unpopular opinion thread