Good albums by artist past their peak?

What are some good albums you have come across by artist that reached their peak long ago?
Examples

(Tribe called quest, “We Got It From Here Thank You 4 Your Service”);

SY355
(Jay-Z, “4:44”)

Obviously some basic shit but you get the idea, just tryna get some discussion going back on this hoe

This album is pretty dope

imo that’s Tribe’s best album but I agree about their prime run being long gone and both of the ones you posted are elite answers

Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 is decent
Ghostface’s first 5 albums are all quite good but Clientele is the peak, I’d also say Twelve Reasons/36 Seasons/Sour Soul are pretty good
Nas - Life is Good
Yasiin Bey - The Ecstatic
Dr. Dre - Compton
MF DOOM - Born Like This
Sean Price - Mic Tyson
Jay Z - American Gangster
Pharoahe Monch - Desire & PTSD, although those are really close to his best work his prime as a rapper was in '99 probably

idk if hot take

I have this album on vinyl it’s a good one! :slight_smile:

can’t believe I forgot this one tbh it’s a very good album

Return of the Trill by Bun B

Boosie’s post-prison output has all been consistent. BooPac is prob my favorite.

let’s be honest fellas… Kids See Ghosts for both guys involved

I think Aesop is still peaking, but the dude has put out his best work past 35.

absolutely. it’s a miracle that album exists let alone how good it is

Cudi montage appreciation crew assemble!

ill say Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt, great album when you bounce off of a project of Piñata’s acclaim and magnitude

Freddie is NOT past his peak lol. Pinata is good and all but his inability to match it thus far doesnt mean he never will ever

not implying that he wont top it but until then Shadow of a Doubt stays his best post-Piñata project prob by a long shot; at the moment he is past his peak at least in technical terms since its been almost 5 yrs since his best album came out