The year is 2020. Real rap is almost gone. Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, and all the other real rap dudes were driving in a bus and the bus exploded, leaving scarcely any real rappers left on the planet. It is a dark time for the true rap fans. Nobody is making the real rap music anymore. It's all about women, and drugs, and sex, and guns, and cars, and guns. It is the worst. Then, out of nowhere, a legend that the world had forgotten about returned. It was Hopsin, who had waited years for this opportunity to drop his masterpiece. The commercial rap world was reeling after the release of Ma2na Car2a Holy Grail 2, Y33zus 3, No Ceilings 55, and other disappointing releases from rap veterans, meaning that this was the perfect time to drop the Illmatic of the next generation...
1. Return of the Backpack (feat. Nardwuar)
2. No Words 28
3. RIP Real Rap
4. Higher Education (Man Who Invented College Diss Track)
5. Rap These Days Man, It's Not What It Used To Be
6. Hopsin Better Than 2Pac (feat. Hannibal Buress)
7. My Opinions Are Fact
8. Your Opinions on Rap are False
9. I'm Downvoting That Comment (feat. Meaghan Trainor)
11. Fuck Jay-Z and Fuck Kanye (Ether Freestyle)
12. DID HE GO TO COLLEGE? (Man Who Invented College Diss Track Pt. 2)
13. Last Real Rappers Alive (feat. Meaghan Trainor, G-Eazy, Hoodie Allen, & Macklemore)
14. Hopsin GOAT
Pitchfork gave it an 11. Anthony Fantano gave it a light 10. DEHH loses their minds and proclaims it the best rap record ever. The New York Times declared Hopsin "...the voice of a generation...truly an inspiration to us all." On the day after the album's release, Jay-Z, Kanye, DJ Khaled, Rick Ross, Future, Young Thug, Lil Yachty, Drake, Lil Wayne, Birdman, and Jared Fogle finally made good on their suicide pact and killed themselves out of sheer jealousy. Nobody attended any of their funerals. Off of the strength of this incredible album, Hopsin was able to convince President Cheney to get polygamy legalized so that he could marry Beyonce, Rihanna, and Kim Kardashian at the same time. After 9 months of vigorous dry-humping, the four of them birth a new race that only listens to MF DOOM, Tech N9ne, Hopsin, and Eminem. The album spawned 11 Billboard #1 hits, smashing records all over the place. HOPSINGOAT goes diamond off of physical copies alone, and triple diamond if streams are counted. All other rap albums are forgotten. This is the holy grail. This is Hopsin.